8.04.2006

Looking Back..

I always have this habit, of thinking of what was happening the year before on this day in my life.. and how things have changed.

A year ago at this time.. we had no idea about Miss Emma.. we thought that perhaps we were going to be matched up with a birthmother in Wyoming named Laura. I remember my sister going to Sturgis last year.. and I had stayed at their house with Kyla overnight. I remember that John & I took Kyla to Guadalajara.. and all we talked about was all of the wonderful things that God had in store for us. I remember telling him that I felt like it was happening.. that this was going to be IT! I remember the joy that I felt in my heart.. and that I saw in John's eyes. Thinking.. waiting.. anticipating.. that anyday.. we were going to be PARENTS!

Looking back a year ago from today.. we had no idea what was going to be in store for us.. we had no idea that we would be blessed beyond belief!

Isn't it amazing how God just works in your lives? When He makes you wait so long for something you want so badly that you think should come naturally... but while you're waiting and as the time approaches to have all of your dreams come true.. it's as if He gets your heart ready... fills it half way to the top.. and you're just waiting in anticipation of what is going to happen next...

No comments: