
I spent the weekend looking at this face.
Laying with her during nap time just to study her face.
Waking up early in the mornings just to see her beautiful face... still.
The definition of her lips, he curvature of her nose.
Her face has always been so familiar, even before she was born.
Being a parent, is not easy. And it's filled with difficult decisions every day.
Do you let her climb the tall ladder at the playground and hold your breath that she doesn't fall? Or do you run to her rescue because you know once she gets half way up, her little eyes will well up with tears and she will be afraid to climb back down?
As I looked at this face this weekend, my heart was just overwhelmed with love for her. And it was in that moment that I knew, that if she climbs the tallest ladder and she succeeds, I will breathe a deep sigh of relief that she made it safely.
If she gets so far up and she's scared to come down, I will be there to help her down.
If she loses her grip and she falls? I will be there to catch her.
I know that in this life, it's not that easy. But ultimately, no matter what happens... if we fall literally or just have days where we feel like we're going to fall apart, it's okay. Because in the end, the 3 of us are a family. And we will always be there for one another... to catch each other, when we inevitably fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment