1.09.2010

Jumping Up & Down!

Tonight John made some delicious spaghetti and we settled in and watched Julie & Julia. It was a really good movie.

There was a part in the movie, where Julia received a letter in the mail from a publishing company stating that they were going to publish her book. She started jumping up and down very excitedly on the front porch, and it was just a picture perfect moment. It really got me thinking though...

It's been a long time since I jumped up and down because I was so excited about something. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and I am completely and totally in love with everyone and thing in it. BUT... I use to be that girl. The one that would hear something that was SO exciting and feel it in my heart that I had no choice but to jump up and down with excitement because it felt like my heart was going to burst.

I want that. I want to jump up and down and be so excited about things again. I want to act like a kid when I hear good news and just beam with excitement. Either I don't have excitement to jump up and down about... or I've just resolved to hold my excitement inward. I'm certain that it has to be the later, otherwise, what's the point? I know there is excitement in this life and I know that I am blessed with moments that I SHOULD be jumping up and down for... It's good for the soul when you do it. And I'm going to start...

I want to jump up and down about exciting things... even if it's not that exciting...
When my daughter draws a slide and a see-saw on her magna doodle that in itself, so small.. yet so relevant to not only praise her with words but literally... jump up and down with excitement with her, and for her... because you can.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... just because I'm getting older, doesn't mean that life has to be any less than jumping up and down worthy... just never really thought about it until tonight.

No comments: