1.15.2005

Adoption Orientation

I'm not really even sure where to begin! lol... Lots of information in our heads.. but we are very very excited and this meeting just confirmed that we will indeed go with the agency for our adoption.. which is wonderful. The social worker is just a complete sweetheart.. and it is definitely clear that God has made this woman to do this job. The comfort level of the whole few hours.. was just wonderful. There were 6 adoptive couples there total.. so it was nice to be around others that are going through the same thing that we are.. and are exactly where we are at too. And they also had a birthmother and an adoptive mom there telling their stories.. the birthmother brought us all to tears.. and she is an incredible young woman that just gave her child up for adoption less than a year ago.

We talked about a lot of things.. and our minds are filled with a ton of information.. but the important thing is that we are fully aware of everything that is going to happen and the order that it will happen in... and..... we have our application in hand.. (along with 50 other pages..).. and we can move forward.

I'm sure there are a million more things that I could tell you guys.. but I honestly can't think completely straight right now. I wanted to take a minute to tell you guys thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers for us on this day.. and ask for additional prayers for the future. We have quite the journey ahead of us.. and we are very excited to begin everything and most of all to have the opportunity to become parents.. and to meet an incredible young birthmother that will be doing the absolute most selfless act that one could ever do... setting up an adoption plan and doing what is best for her child.. choosing us.. and giving us the opportunity to have a family of our own.

If you have questions feel free to ask.. I may not know the for sure answer at this moment right now.. but we will soon.

They say the average wait after approval is 6 months - 1 year.

But anyway.. I'm going to let you all go....... John is laying on our hotel bed as I'm typing this reading a children's book... "Never Never Never Will She Stop Loving You!"

-Melissa

No comments: