3.22.2009

I'm playing with strangers!

I'm sitting here playing Backgammon with strangers online.
I haven't played this since before Angel died.
I would always joke with her that if she didn't play with me, I was going to start playing with strangers and if I was abducted it would be all her fault. LOL!

As I'm playing, this song comes on... and says...

It's time for healing
Time to move on
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time to make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong

How appropriate.

On March 20th... I forgot.
I forgot that it had been 4 months.
I think about her everyday, but for some reason, on that day... I forgot.
I hate that I forgot.

I drove by Melgard Park yesterday, for the first time since the snow has been gone. And all I could do was stare...
and I could see her...
standing right there... by the slide...
I could see her and Emma walking together
her arms reaching out to pick up Corbin.

The intent of this blog wasn't to get all teary eyed... but rather that in a moment where I was doing something that I hadn't done since she died... a song came on and told me...
that it's okay...
and it's time...
It's time to fix what's been broken too long
Time to make right what has been wrong
It's time to find my way to where I belong

I love you Angel.

No comments: