3.04.2011

Like Dandelion Dust


I think we all have those movies in our lives that we want to see, but we don't because we know deep down inside they are going to bring out some feelings that we either haven't felt in some time or perhaps they will just give us a good cry that we might not be ready for.

Ever since I heard about the movie Like Dandelion Dust, I wanted to see it. It just looked like such a powerful story one that seemed semi-familiar to a situation that happened in our lives on a different level. But never, did I expect for it to bring out emotions that I have buried pretty tightly these past 5 years.

The movie is basically about a man and a woman in an abusive relationship and while the man went to prison, the woman gave birth to a son and made an adoption plan for him. When the man got out of prison "changed" she told him about it, and thus started the journey for them to take their now 7 year old son away from his adoptive parents because they wanted to parent him.

Oh man, the feelings that went through my heart in watching this movie was like living October/November 2005 all over again. I don't have to tell the story, if you're here and you know me, you've heard it or you've perhaps read it in a previous blog.

As Emma laid sleeping on my lap during this movie, tears just rolled down my face uncontrollably in thanks that we are so blessed to have her in our lives and that despite the threats, she was not taken from us. Thankful, the situation that we experienced did happen at such an early age for her that she has absolutely no recollection like the boy in the movie of the events that happened. For that, I am grateful.

It's been a long time since I've sat down and written a blog entry, but I just felt compelled to express my thoughts about this movie, how it affected me and how it brought up so many past feelings that here, even after 30 minutes of watching the movie tears just stream down my face.

God blessed us in a very mighty way and He still does every single day. But this movie made me realize, remember and reflect that our God is an amazing, powerful, mighty God and He knows what He is doing. In every single aspect of our lives, He knows what needs to be done. If we just let Him work in us, and through us.
Trusting Him, that every move He makes in us, is for the Glory of Him!


I'm off to cuddle with my miracle. <3 God Bless.

No comments: