10.16.2012

It's you.

The first time, I felt you move....

I knew you were real.

Sure I had seen it on the ultrasound.

Sure I had heard the heartbeat three times already.

But the moment I felt you... was the moment I knew you were real.

To have something... someone inside of me... moving. What an amazing experience.

People describe this feeling as flutters... but that just doesn't seem to capture the description for me.

What it makes me think of is when people say "who does the baby look like?" after they are born. Yes, we can compare it to Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, your great uncle's Mom... but the truth of the matter is, you look like you. You are your own person. And in this moment when I feel you, I want to pinpoint an accurate description of it... but I just can't.

So I just say... it's you.

It you, our miracle sent from above.

It's you.




No comments: