As I was playing with an app on facebook to review 2012, it came up with all of my statuses.
Through this, I realized how much God was speaking to us through Emma, prior to finding out we were expecting. As I read through all of these things that I posted, I sit in awe of His power as I'm certain there were many more God sightings that I missed or didn't post about.
Here are some of them:
January 2012
Bedtime Chatter...
Emma: I really want a baby brother.
Me: Oh really? Well we will need to pray for one.
Emma: Oh lets just go to the nursery. There are lots there!
Me: Ok pretty sure those are taken.
Emma: (very quietly) Mom, I may have told my teacher that I already have one.
Me: Umm what? When did you tell her that?
Emma: 2 years ago... so if we could get one, that would be good.
March 2012
Emma has an obsession for a baby brother, so much so that when she's 7, her brother will be 1 and they are going fishing. Oh honey, please keep praying that if that's God's will He will provide!
June 2012
Emma: WHY are we getting rid of all these clothes?
Me: Because they don't fit you anymore.
Emma: And WHAT is my brother or sister going to wear when they are born?
Me: *blank stare*
Poor thing was praying for baby kittens and puppies the other night because God hasn't answered her prayers for a human baby. Breaks and warms my heart at the same time.
June 30th, 2012, we found out that we were pregnant. No "trying" on our part or inkling that this was going to happen. As far as I was concerned, I thought our family had become perfect with the three of us.
So tell me, do you believe that God speaks to us?
For me, I refuse to deny it.
He hears our every prayer... no matter what age. I think our little ones have a straight line connection to God where their hearts and minds are more capable of hearing what He has to say then we do as adults. We all have this connection, but I think they are more in-tune to theirs then we are to ours as adults. A challenge to myself and anyone else courageous enough to accept...
Stop. In every situation.
Listen. Do you hear that?
If you don't, keep listening.
Open your eyes. Look UP!
Do you see Him?
He is standing right in front of you holding out His hand, to take yours.
Whatever journey you are on in this life will be easier if traveled with Him.
He knows you better then anyone else in this world.
Every thought in your head, desire in your heart.
Trust.
What He has in store for you, may not be what you have in store for you...
At times it may be scary.
At times you may wonder, what is He doing?
Trust.
He will not abandon you.
Trust.
He will lead you to a life that you have never known and it will change your life.
Are you ready?
No comments:
Post a Comment